Membership in the Camden County Chamber of Commerce helps your business to succeed through various methods, such as legislative advocacy, networking, business promotional opportunities and bottom-line benefits. Our 430+ membership is the driving force and strength behind the Camden County Chamber of Commerce and its success.
There is always a place in the Chamber efforts for all who share the desire to improve our community, our quality of life, and our business environment. The Camden County Chamber of Commerce staff, board of directors, and members invite you to join them and become a member today!
Did you know if your business is a member of the Chamber of Commerce...So are You!
Why You Need to Join the Chamber
Exclusive Membership Benefits
Help Create a Strong Local Economy
Everything we do is designed to create a strong local economy. The Chamber:
- Build relationships and facilitates discussion, whether it is between business, government, and/or community organizations.
- Work with community leaders to determine and address the needs of the community by pulling and connecting resources.
- Promote doing business with other members, including member-to-member discounts that help your bottom line.
Promote the Community
The Chamber provides information to thousands of people each year about starting a business, referring business products and services, and answering general community questions by:
- Publishing the "Welcome to Camden" relocation magazine.
- Hosting a comprehensive website that provides a global presence and portal for visitors and members to find information on Camden County and the business community.
- Partnering with the Camden County School System, Altamaha Technical College, Brenau University, College of Coastal Georgia and Valdosta State University to improve skills that will strengthen our future workforce and provide us with a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Provide Networking and Learning Opportunities
Networking and personal relationships are still the two most important and effective means to building a business/customer base. The Chamber provides multiple opportunities to meet a broad range of business people throughout the year through:
- Educational opportunities such as Leadership Camden, Quarterly Luncheons & Breakfasts, or other seminars/workshops.
- Business leads (referrals) from our staff, ambassadors, board, website and committees.
- Relationships built while serving on committees and task-forces.
- Monthly Business After Hours is a perfect opportunity meet business owners, managers, etc. This is also a great way to build your business contacts while learning valuable information to make yourself more competitive.
- The annual Taste of Camden Community Expo affords you the opportunity to showcase your products and services to the community and network with the community leaders and business owners.
- The Chamber's Annual Dinner and Steak Out provide opportunities for candid discussion at all levels and most of all allow you to have fun!
Represent the Voice of Business on the Local, Federal & State Levels
The Chamber's Government Community Affairs Committee tracks pending legislation on the local, state and federal levels allowing our Member's to focus on running your business. The Chamber also builds relationships to create a pro-business environment and works to resolve issues in Camden County and State of Georgia through:
- Meeting regularly with local, state and federal elected officials and provide them with an understanding of specific business & military issues
- Coordinating the Annual Atlanta and Washington, DC Fly-Ins.
- Assisting to resolve issues between members and government entities.
- Joining the United States Chamber of Commerce and Georgia Chamber of Commerce that employ lobbyists that are working full time on your behalf and following and taking action on state & federal legislation that impacts your business.
The Chamber offers our Membership many benefits to promote their business, products, and services. We do this through:
- Providing one listing in the Membership Directory on the Chamber Website with a free hyperlink to your web page
- Tracking website traffic for your business on the Chamber website
- Providing opportunities to create a website and coupon for your business
- Introducing all new and renewing members in the Monthly Newsletter.
- Introducing all new members at Business After Hours.
- Providing advertising opportunities on the Chamber Website, Chamber Page, Monthly Newsletter, Relocation Guide, County Map and sponsoring any and all Chamber events.
- Referring our members via staff or website.
- Accessing Member Area on website which allows you to gain access to other member information, track your website traffic, refer other members, add events to community calendar, create your coupon and so much more.
- Participating in all Chamber events, seminars, programs at a reduced cost.
- Participating on Committees or becoming an Ambassador.