Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Child Advocate will see that appropriate services are provided to all children that are clients of Camden House. The primary goal is to intervene and stop the generational cycle of domestic violence. The Child Advocate will provide a safe, clean, and positive living environment for all women and children residing in the shelter. This is a full-time position that requires occasional night and weekend hours.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Social Work, Psychology, or related field. Two years of full-time service in related field experience and 2 years of college may substitute for the education requirement.
- Other requirements include:
- A current driver’s license, reliable transportation and valid automobile insurance.
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen test.
- Preferred qualifications include:
- 2 years of administrative experience using Microsoft Office products
- 2 years’ experience in handling stressful situations.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills.